STATEMENT OF FAITH – SIMCOSIDE LIFEPOINTE CHURCH
1. THE BIBLE
The Bible is God’s word to us. It is inspired by God, infallible and without error in its original form, and is our final authority in matters of
doctrine and lifestyle. (2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 2:21)
God is one but exists in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Each is eternally existent, one in essence, possessing the same nature and
attributes. They do, however, have different roles, functions and activities. (Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 28:19)
Jesus, is fully God, was fully human and without sin. When he died on the cross He died in the place of fallen humanity as their representative.
He rose bodily from the grave to give evidence of His victory over sin and Satan and He is now at the Father’s right hand as our Intercessor.
(John 1:1; 1 John 5:20; Luke 1:35; Matthew 1:20; 1 Peter 1:19-19; Romans 4:25)
4. THE HOLY SPIRIT
The Holy Spirit indwells every believer and is at work confirming his or her relationship with God, giving power for service and for victory over sin
and the devil. (John 14:16-18; 16:8-14; Ephesians 4:30; 5:8)
5. SIN AND SALVATION
Men and women were created in the image of God (Genesis 1:27) but because of the sin of Adam all mankind has fallen under the curse of sin.
Everyone is separated from God, sinful by nature and by practice, and is in need of the salvation provided by God in Jesus.
This salvation is a gift of God’s grace, received by turning from sin, believing in Him, and makes the believer eternally secure.
(Romans 3:23; 1 Peter 1:5; Titus 3:5)
6. THE CHURCH
The Church is God’s vehicle to bring the Good News of God’s salvation to our world. It is comprised of all persons who have received God’s free gift of salvation in Jesus.
These persons are united together in a true community, a unity based on common life in Christ.
The purpose of the church is to glorify God on earth, make disciples and provide an environment of spiritual growth for those who embrace the Christian faith.
(Matthew 28:19-20; Ephesians 1:22-3)
7. CHURCH ORDINANCES
The church carries out two symbolic acts which significantly reflect our Christian faith.
Baptism by immersion signifies a Christian’s identification with Jesus in His death, burial and resurrection. (Romans 6:1-4; Colossians 2:12)
Communionis carried out by a regular sharing of bread and grape juice, symbolic of salvation accomplished and made available by Jesus’ death. (1 Corinthians 11:23-26)
8. JESUS’ RETURN
The personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ could occur at any moment. His return will bring joy to His people, judgment on unbelieving society,
the restoration of Israel to Him as their Messiah and an eternal state of blessedness for the redeemed.
Believing in Christ’s return is an ongoing incentive to holy living and faithful service for every believer.
(John 14:1-6; 1 Thessalonians 4:14-18; Acts 1:11; Titus 2:13)
We believe that all who trust in Jesus Christ will spend eternity with Him, and that hell is the eternal punishment of all who reject Him.
(Matthew 10:28; Luke 12:5; II Corinthians 5:1; Colossians 1:5)
Simcoside Lifepointe Church believes in the sanctity of the marital union as described in Scripture.
First, God created the first marriage as a sacred covenant relationship between one man and one woman for the purposes of procreation,
intimacy and companionship in keeping with the covenant relationship God himself established with his own creation
(Genesis 2:15-24; Romans 1:16-32).
Second, Jesus blessed a marriage celebration between a man and a woman with his presence and his first public miracle, thereby affirming the traditional definition of marriage as a cornerstone of every culture and community (John 2:1-11).
Jesus further expressed God’s plan for marriage as a lifelong commitment and condemned divorce. He advised those who chose or who are unable to enter into marriage to remain single and therefore celibate (Matthew 19:4-12).
The church has historically embraced this traditional definition of marriage, abstaining all other unions as unnatural, inappropriate, and anti-social,
and has advocated the family unit of husband and wife and their children as the chief building block of society
(Leviticus 18:22- 30; Psalm 127:3-5; Romans 1:16-32; 1 Corinthians 7:1-2; Hebrews 13:4).
OUR VALUES – SIMCOSIDE LIFEPOINTE CHURCH
1. We believe in a high view of God where His greatness permeates all of life. Such a perspective brings joy and freedom and will preserve us from
pettiness and small thinking. Therefore we will promote and encourage an intimate and growing relationship with Jesus.
2. We believe that lost people matter to God. Therefore we will involve ourselves in the lives of others with a view to the extension of God’s kingdom
3. We believe that “heart change” leads to “life change” and this happens from the perspective of grace rather than in the pursuit of obedience
to man-made rules, traditions and regulations. We will therefore work to create an atmosphere of grace and acceptance in all that we do in accordance with scripture.
4. We believe that true community is what God intended for His church. Therefore we will strive to make Simcoside Lifepointe Church a relationship-
driven church and make the life-group ministry an integral part of the programming.
5. We believe in the priority of worship and the joyful, contemporary celebration of our faith. Therefore humour, creativity and laughter will flavour
our ministry and programs and we will provide opportunities for people to connect with God in celebrative worship and do regular “heart-checks” through communion.
6. We believe that men and women were created uniquely and equally by God. Each person is gifted to serve the Body of Christ.
Therefore we encourage all people to be involved in ministry and serve in areas of need.
7. We believe the Bible is authoritative, culturally relevant and life-changing. Therefore we will strive for relevance and the Spirit's power in our teaching programs.
8. We believe in passing the torch of faith to the next generation. Therefore we will place a high priority on equipping and involving our youth
in all areas of the activities of the church.
9. We believe in “teamwork” in all areas of ministry. We will therefore consider each ministry team as an opportunity to stretch individuals towards
10. We believe that all ministry and lifestyle choices revolve around the greatest commandment, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart,
and with all your soul and with all your mind…the second is like it: Love your neighbour as yourself” (Matthew 22:37-39)